Fino al 15/02, usa il codice adv15 per ottenere lo sconto del 15% sui corsi VINE PRUNER Advanced.

Home Forums AREA RISERVATA – RESERVED AREA HELPDESK VINE PRUNER ADVANCED CORDONE Which cane to choose with cordon spur pruning? 2 options available Reply To: Which cane to choose with cordon spur pruning? 2 options available

• Piet

25 Gennaio 2022 at 16:04

Dear moderator ( I don’t know your name)

Thanks for your reply. I fully understand what you are saying. There are more roads which lead to Rome, as long as we follow the rules of S&S 😉

In the scientific article I mentioned, they did investigate prune cuttings and they find no correlation between cane diameter/distance to bud and desiccation length. But they only did experiments on one year old wood.
    I agree we should keep a sufficient piece of two year old wood too make a nice cut and not to damage the diaphragm. If you pre-prune in winter and do the fine tuning late February, there is no risk of frost damage. And I think a rule of thumb of approximately 2 cm is ok, depends on the situation.

Nevertheless, is great that we have the opportunity to post some discussions here !
    Thanks.