Only the students already enrolled in the Guyot or Guyot + Spurred Cordon VINE PRUNER course may enroll on this course. The course consists of the on-demand video lessons dedicated to the Guyot training system and the MasterClass video tutorials by Marco Simonit. Being enrolled on the course and having obtained the Guyot VINE PRUNER certificate, allows you to purchase the in-person practical training sessions and the exam.
Students who successfully pass the practical exam will receive the Guyot VINE PRUNER ADVANCED certificate.
The dates and locations of the exams and practical training sessions for 2022/23 season (Northern Hemisphere) will be available in fall 2022.
With the Guyot VINE PRUNER ADVANCED course you will learn to manage the plants’ development starting from the first stages of growth and up to when they become established.
You will learn to apply the principles of the SIMONIT&SIRCH Pruning Method which allow for controlled branching, with detailed focus on the three phases of a vine plant’s development:
- Rooted cutting training and forming the trunk
- Setting up branching
- Branching development management
Total duration of the video materials of the Guyot VINE PRUNER ADVANCED course is about 3 hours. It includes 12 video lessons and 9 video tutorials “MasterClass” with Marco Simonit.
Enrolling on the Guyot VINE PRUNER ADVANCED Course gives you:
- Access to 12 on-demand lessons;
- Access to 9 video tutorials “MasterClass” by Marco Simonit: practical demonstration of winter pruning and shoot selection;
- Access to the students’ helpdesk with the Academy tutors;
- Option to purchase the Exam (duration of 4 hours) (only if already in possession of the Guyot VINE PRUNER or Guyot + Spurred Cordon VINE PRUNER certificate) and earn the CERTIFICATE of the Guyot VINE PRUNER ADVANCED level.
- Option to purchase, together with the exam, a practical training session with our tutors dedicated to winter pruning (8 hours) to prepare for the exam.
The exam and the practical training session are only available for the Guyot VINE PRUNER ADVANCED students who have already earned the Guyot VINE PRUNER or Guyot + Spurred Cordon VINE PRUNER certificates.
The exams and the practical training sessions have to be purchased separately.
Winter exams and practical sessions for 2022 have already been completed. The enrolled students will receive the information on dates and locations of the spring exam sessions by email.